The Firearms Unit within the Department of Justice and Equality has responsibility for the development of legislation and policy related to firearms. The Division also administer the Firearms Acts 1925 to 2009 and related legislation.
The Unit processes applications for:
- Importation Licences
- Export Licences
- Transfer authorisations for export to EU States
The Unit registers Firearms Dealers under the provisions of the Firearms Acts – this registration is renewable every 3 years.
To view the legislation, publications and forms that relate to firearms and ammunition, click on the options below:
- Legislation and Publications
- Public consultation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Administration and forms for firearms dealers
- Administration and forms for Individuals