The Minister for Justice and Equality invites applications from suitably qualified candidates who can demonstrate the required skills and experience in order to best deliver on the NDA’s statutory functions and governance obligations.
Candidates should demonstrate in their application evidence of one or more of the following:-
- Lived experience of disability either as a person with a disability, a parent/guardian/family member of a person with a disability and have relevant experience which would demonstrate their ability to contribute to this Board,
- Extensive knowledge of financial audit and risk analysis and reporting, gained either in professional practice and/or through involvement in relevant companies, agencies or statutory bodies,
- Relevant experience in the area of mental health issues and development/implementation of policy regarding mental health services,
- Research experience at an appropriately senior level, including relevant knowledge and experience of statistics or data analytics,
- Knowledge and experience of Universal Design and its practical application and promotion in standards development, industry and/or education.
A career history which would demonstrate knowledge of:
- Corporate governance,
- Previous board experience,
- Demonstrable track record of contributing constructively to an organisation, committee, or relevant body.
The Minister shall have regard to the desirability for gender balance on the Board as the Minister considers appropriate and determines from time to time when making appointments.
Please Note: Closing date for receipt of applications is 3.00pm on Wednesday 4th July 2018.
For more information on how to apply visit http://www.stateboards.ie/stateboards/campaignAdvert/85835.htm