The Minister for Justice and Equality intends to make 2 appointments to the Board of the Courts Service.
Please note that there is sufficient legal expertise on the Board at present.
The Minister invites applications from suitably qualified candidates who consider they possess the skills and competencies necessary to fulfil one of the following roles:
Member to represent consumers of the services provided by the courts Section
11(1)(o) of the Courts Service Act, 1998 provides that the Minister shall nominate to the Board a person to represent consumers of the services provided by the courts.
- Extensive experience at an appropriately senior level in community engagement or organisations working with court users.
- Sectoral knowledge and experience.
- Experience of using the courts from a perspective other than that of legal practitioner, or of assisting any classes of people who use the courts and do not have legal expertise
- Communications skills and a track record in putting across arguments and points of view in an appropriate and effective manner
- Demonstration of knowledge of the area, including possibly by effective advocacy or published material or articles.
Previous board experience.
Member with relevant knowledge and experience in commerce, finance or administration
Section 11(1)(q) of the Courts Service Act, 1998 provides that the Minister shall nominate to the Board a person with relevant knowledge and experience in commerce, finance or administration.
- Applicant must demonstrate experience at an appropriately senior level in financial, commercial or administrative/governance environment.
- Relevant experience in Risk Management, Audit or Financial Management.
- Sectoral Knowledge/Experience.
- Previous board experience.
- Previous senior management team membership in medium to large private or public service organisation.
- A relevant qualification or membership of a professional body.
The Minister shall have regard to the desirability for gender balance on the Board as the Minister considers appropriate and determines from time to time when making appointments.
Please note this campaign will close at 3pm on the 30th of March.
Further information, including an information booklet, is available at the following link: http://www.stateboards.ie/stateboards/campaignAdvert/73875.htm