Export to EU member state
- Read these instructions carefully before submitting your application.
- Complete the application form fully
- Make sure you have filled in:
- a. the exact makes and models of the firearms
- b. the correct Category A-D (PDF - 17KB)
- Attach to the application a copy of the valid firearm certificate for the firearm to be exported.
- In cases where there is no valid firearm certificate, you must apply to a Garda superintendent for a document entitled an Authorisation for Export or Removal and submit a copy of this document with the application
- You can fill in the form using type or in handwriting. If completing it in handwriting please use black ink and block capitals.
- Forward the documentation to the Firearms Unit of the Department of Justice and Equality. We will issue to you a transfer document which you can use to legally export the firearms and/or ammunition.
Exports to a country which is not a member of the EU
Exports to countries which are not member states of the EU are dealt with by the Department of Enterprise and Innovation.
You can contact them at:
|Phone:||+ 353 1 631 2562|
|Website:||Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation website|