Export to EU member state
- Read these instructions carefully before submitting your application.
- Complete the application form fully
- Make sure you have filled in:
- a. the exact makes and models of the firearms
- b. the correct Category A-D (PDF - 17KB)
- Attach to the application a copy of the valid firearm certificate for the firearm to be exported.
- In cases where there is no valid firearm certificate, you must apply to a Garda superintendent for a document entitled an Authorisation for Export or Removal and submit a copy of this document with the application
- You can fill in the form using type or in handwriting. If completing it in handwriting please use black ink and block capitals.
- Forward the documentation to the Firearms Unit of the Department of Justice and Equality. We will issue to you a transfer document which you can use to legally export the firearms and/or ammunition.
Exports to a country which is not a member of the EU
Exports to countries which are not member states of the EU are dealt with by the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation.
You can contact them at:
+353 1 631 2121
|Website:||Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation website|